The Urea/Ammonia (Rapid) test kit is suitable for the specific and rapid measurement and analysis of urea and ammonia in water, beverages, milk and food products. Includes 100 assays (50 of each).
• Very rapid reaction due to use of uninhibited glutamate dehydrogenase
• Enzymes supplied as stable Suspensions
• Very competitive price (cost per test)
• All reagents stable for > 2 years after preparation
• Mega-Calc™ software tool for hassle-free raw data processing
• Standard included
• Extended cofactors stability - dissolved cofactors stable for > 1 year at 4oC.
(1) Urea + H2O → 2NH3 + CO2
(microbial glutamate dehydrogenase)
(2) 2-Oxoglutarate + NADPH + NH4+ → L-glutamic acid + NADP+
Kit size: 50 assays of each
Method: Spectrophotometric at 340 nm
Reaction time: ~ 10 min
Detection limit: 0.13 mg/L (urea) 0.07 mg/L (ammonia)
Megazyme Knowledge Base